[vorbis-dev] Windows ACM codec status

Florian Bruckner h9651030 at miraculix.wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Jul 13 01:59:10 PDT 2000

Hi Tony,

Progress is not going too fast. Driver housekeeping is quite finished at the
moment and we do not need any non-redistributable header files.

Unfortunately I ran into a few problems not directly related to the ACM
driver. I am developing with the Cygnus GCC toolchain, and this is causing
some problems atm.

  1.) libvorbis.a is using a function rint() when built with Cygnus GCC, but
this function doesn't exist in the MS libraries. Now that I know what the
problem is I can work around it.

  2.) The most recent version of dllwrap, which is used to build DLLs is
broken :-(.

We set up a project at sourceforge.net, there you can monitor the progess:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vorbisACM/

best regards,