[vorbis-dev] State of Vorbis

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Feb 7 12:16:54 PST 2000

As of my latest commit, the libraries (libvorbis and vorbisfile) and example
programs (encoder_example, decoder_example and chaining_example) all build and
run cleanly. I have to check the xmms plugin next, but any modifications will
be minor.

There's work left to do for the first cut (floor0.c isn't *quite* done and
res0.c is still incomplete), but we're close.  As of today, the VQ engine is in
place and functioning properly, although until I finish res0.c, it's only being
used for the spectral envelopes.

Fell free to grab the latest from CVS and go to town.  Additional changes will
affect only library internals, nothing externally visible to an application.
Also, those of you with r/w CVS access: From here on out, mainline CVS must
stay buildable and runnable.  If you want to do any work that requires
committing intermediate (nonfunctional) versions, please do so on a branch.

Monty