[vorbis-dev] Whitespace standard?

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Sat Dec 30 09:11:54 PST 2000

According to Brian Havard (sometime around Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 06:42:52PM +1000):
> I've noticed that throughout the code there's quite a variety of formatting
> styles, especially the size of TAB characters (4 or 8) and size of indents
> (2 or 4). Is there any agreed standard for new code now?
>
> Oh, and whoever wrote the ogg code must get an electric shock every time he
> hits the spacebar. It's full of spaceless lines like
> "for(packets=0;;packets++)if(pl[packets]==-1)break;"
> Ew! :)

Let's standardize on some options to indent(1) -- even though this
messes up some things (just look at my comments table in ogg123 before
and after a run through indent and you'll see what I mean), it makes
code much more readable overall.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>