[vorbis-dev] Ports

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Wed Dec 27 20:30:43 PST 2000

According to Michael Smith (sometime around Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 03:16:09PM +1100):

> >No, this isn't the case here. The server is Apache for OS/2 which doesn't
> >to text file translation. I've verified this by using a http download tool
> >on the same url & the resulting file was perfectly playable.
> >
> >I really just wanted to know if streaming was working in general so that
> >I'd know if it was worth bothering with trying to make it work.
>
> That's extremely strange, then. Your description of what went wrong is
> _exactly_ what I'd expect to see if this was a text-mangling problem. If
> the data is being delivered at all (which it presumably is, otherwise I
> guess you'd have said something), and this isn't happening, I can't think
> of anything else that could possibly cause this problem.
>
> Could you try an ugly hack to ogg123 - without otherwise significantly
> changing the code, make it dump the http output to a file. Then a) try to
> play the file, and b) see if it has had text-mangling happening to it.

That should produce exactly the same thing as

echo -e "GET /file.ogg HTTP/1.0\r\nAccept: */*\r\nUser-Agent: ogg123\r\nHost: localhost(orwhatever)" | nc localhost(orwhatever) 80

with the headers (everything before the first \r\n\r\n) stripped.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>