[vorbis-dev] Modification requests / question

Attila Padar galileog at externet.hu
Mon Dec 25 12:43:34 PST 2000

Hello!
1.
You should modify the 'vorbis_ftoi(f)' for the undefinied OS/compiler
in the 'os.h' on this way:
old:
static int vorbis_ftoi(double f){
   return (int)(f+.5);
  }
new:
#define vorbis_ftoi(f) ((int)(f+.5f))

Because in some cases we don't use this function, and the compiler writes
many error messages.

2. Could you write a frequency and bitrate independent 'mode' and 'vqh'
    tables for the Vorbis encoder?
    Could you implement the table generation into the program (removing the
fixed
    and large mode & vqh tables)?
    (So, you should write a table generation routine with 2 input values:
freq and bitrate)
    I know, this is not easy... Currently it's just an idea...

thnx
regards
Attila Padar