[vorbis-dev] Ogg Drop Suggestion

Lars Brubaker LarsBB at reflexive.net
Thu Dec 21 12:24:34 PST 2000

Is there any particular person in charge of ogg drop.

It would be nice if when compressing 1 channel audio it would 1/2 the sample
rate that is requested.

It would also be great if one could set the output sample rate.

Bit Rate >
Sample Rate >
        Same As Source (default)
        44050
        22025
        (I don't know what other rates vorbis supports)
Num Channels >
        Same As Source (default)
        2
        1

I would love to write these things but I don't want to spend the time if it
won't be of help to the maintainer of this utility.

Lars.