[vorbis-dev] Trying to build on Windows (Part 2)

Lars Brubaker LarsBB at reflexive.net
Sat Dec 16 17:54:16 PST 2000

Monty, I'm looking to use Vorbis as the primary audio decompresser for Star
Trek Away Team being published by Activision.  We are in beta now and will
be shipping late January.  Do you think there is any reason that Vorbis
won't be up to the task at that time?  It seems to be sufficient for our
needs as is. I'm just looking for the inside scoop.  It's either Vorbis or
else we license Miles Sound System for 3,000$ it has an MP3 license.

And on a technical note:
The DLLs that we are building need to always be the same calling convention,
currently they are CDECL.  My project is building fastcall so I need them
all declared CDECL.
Can we put something like this into os.h?

#if defined(CDECL)
#undef CDECL
#endif
#if WIN32
        #define CDECL __cdecl
#else
        #define STDCALL
        #define CDECL
#endif

and then change the declarations like so?

typedef struct {
  size_t (CDECL *read_func)  (void *ptr, size_t size, size_t nmemb, void
*datasource);
  int    (CDECL *seek_func)  (void *datasource, ogg_int64_t offset, int
whence);
  int    (CDECL *close_func) (void *datasource);
  long   (CDECL *tell_func)  (void *datasource);
} ov_callbacks;

extern int CDECL ov_clear(OggVorbis_File *vf);
extern int CDECL ov_open(FILE *f,OggVorbis_File *vf,char *initial,long
ibytes);
extern int CDECL ov_open_callbacks(void *datasource, OggVorbis_File *vf,
                char *initial, long ibytes, ov_callbacks callbacks);

extern long CDECL ov_bitrate(OggVorbis_File *vf,int i);
extern long CDECL ov_bitrate_instant(OggVorbis_File *vf);
extern long CDECL ov_streams(OggVorbis_File *vf);
extern long CDECL ov_seekable(OggVorbis_File *vf);
extern long CDECL ov_serialnumber(OggVorbis_File *vf,int i);

extern ogg_int64_t CDECL ov_raw_total(OggVorbis_File *vf,int i);
extern ogg_int64_t CDECL ov_pcm_total(OggVorbis_File *vf,int i);
extern double CDECL ov_time_total(OggVorbis_File *vf,int i);

extern int CDECL ov_raw_seek(OggVorbis_File *vf,long pos);
extern int CDECL ov_pcm_seek(OggVorbis_File *vf,ogg_int64_t pos);
extern int CDECL ov_pcm_seek_page(OggVorbis_File *vf,ogg_int64_t pos);
extern int CDECL ov_time_seek(OggVorbis_File *vf,double pos);
extern int CDECL ov_time_seek_page(OggVorbis_File *vf,double pos);

extern ogg_int64_t CDECL ov_raw_tell(OggVorbis_File *vf);
extern ogg_int64_t CDECL ov_pcm_tell(OggVorbis_File *vf);
extern double CDECL ov_time_tell(OggVorbis_File *vf);

extern vorbis_info * CDECL ov_info(OggVorbis_File *vf,int link);
extern vorbis_comment * CDECL ov_comment(OggVorbis_File *vf,int link);

extern long CDECL ov_read(OggVorbis_File *vf,char *buffer,int length,
                    int bigendianp,int word,int sgned,int *bitstream);