[vorbis-dev] Ogg VEO Codec, video in an Ogg stream

Gregory Maxwell greg at linuxpower.cx
Wed Aug 30 14:59:56 PDT 2000

You might want to look into papers on wavelet compression of MRI
volumetric datasets. Some methods should be very applicable to video
compression, also beware patents from the same field.

In my past play with using 3d wavelet transform coding on video, I found
that unacceptible temporal smear was very common on video transitions
(think about it, a small smear a few pixels wide with exponential falloff
is fine (esp on continous tone images), but a few frames deep?), and that
a window switching method would probably make sence to keep very differnt
images in differnt blocks.