[vorbis-dev] WAV header (hey Mike)

Jose Mejuto jmejuto at pobox.com
Mon Aug 21 11:07:29 PDT 2000

At 00:56 22/08/00 +1000, you wrote:

>Yep - entirely agree. However, we don't want to REQUIRE that people have
>some other library (libaudiofile, for example) - it's a great thing to have
>optionally, but we do want working support for one format (wav) in the
>program itself.
>
>The way oggenc is structured, it should be pretty trivial to add optional
>support for libaudiofile, I'm just really busy with other things these
>days, so I haven't got to it yet.

Hello,

I had developed a WAV header reader that should work with almost any WAV
file the problem could come from very damaged WAV headers, but the code
have a switch to block this very large headers. It is attached to this
message and should be easy to join in vorbize or any other ogg project. It
uses the RIFF struct used in the vorbis-tools code.

This is the comment in the code:

// This file is intented to parse WAV headers from a file and report
// information to a main code portion without loosing any data if the
// file is not a valid WAV file, or the WAV file is damaged.
// stdin should work ok, but probably this code need a little tweak in
// the chunks parser to avoid memory problems in large padded WAV files
// to remove silences because the RollBackBuffer could grow to a undesirable
// limit.
// This piece of code should be easy to port from Win platforms to any other
// and should be endian free, but I can not test this point.
// The "int main()" function is included as an example on how use it.

Try to mix it in you code or simply drop it to your waste basket :-)

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/x-zip-compressed attachment: wavparser.zip
</UL>