[vorbis-dev] Future of vorbis-tools (was Re: Manpages)

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Sun Aug 13 14:13:33 PDT 2000

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 volsung at asu.edu wrote:

> Actually, I hate groff.  It's a nasty markup language.  :)  [Does anyone know
> of a better tool for making man pages?  Please tell me!]

You can do it in {sg|x}ml and use something like docbook2man to generate
the manpages. I think it could be argued whether docbook is actually
easier than groff, but it vastly simplifies output in other formats (html,
print) and inclusion in general documentation.

I've attached an example conversion; see how you like it. It still needs
some tweaking though.

Hope that helps,
 -ralph

giles at ashlu.bc.ca
I'll take my shitty liberated stuff any day. -- graydon, advogato diary#59

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>TEXT/PLAIN attachment: ogg123.sgml
</UL>