[vorbis-dev] Vorbize.c

kcarnold at yahoo.com kcarnold at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 12:39:57 PDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 03:09:55PM -0700, Monty wrote:

> > Consider Vorbize dead. It was a quick hack anyway; oggenc can handle having
> > lots more c**p thrown at it (e.g., odd-ball WAV files, switched-endian
> > processors...). I'll remove it from the CVS if no one has any objections.
> >
> > Kenneth (Vorbize author, btw)
>
> Yeah, OggEnc has taken over.  But I hope that doesn't mean we're losing you
> Kenneth :-)

I would really like to do some stuff with the library itself rather than
just writing stuff that uses it. How could I get started? And also, for school
I need to do a (relatively large) computer-oriented project... is there any
way I could work on Vorbis for that? (it's pretty open-ended.)

> (BTW, some lib changes and CVS arrangement is in order, and I'm going to start
> a new branch for doing this wholesale slash and burn such that mainline is
> unaffected until we're finished.  branch name: branch_postbeta2)

ogg123 needs some cleaning... if school wasn't just starting, I would be doing
that right now... what the heck, I'll do it anyway ;)

> Monty
>

> Monty

huh?

Kenneth