[vorbis-dev] WinAmp Streaming

Louis louw at gcs.co.za
Wed Aug 23 13:24:07 PDT 2000

I have a plugin streaming in MP3 to Winamp and its also fully Icecast
compatible
(You can choose between ICY headers or x-audiocast headers)

Together with the ACM driver you released a few days ago i should be able to
modify only about 2 lines of code in my plugin to make it all work with
Vorbis :)

If you get Icecast ready to do streaming I could have this plugin ready
within a day...

Other aspects:
- Are you guys looking at "imbedded scripting commands" like windows media
currently has?
- Will meta data streaming occur on the same port as the audio, or on a
different port?
- Can we sync meta data with the audio?

Louis