[vorbis-dev] YALCSF (Yet Another Libao Configure Script Fix)

Kenneth Arnold kcarnold at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 11:32:45 PDT 2000

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 07:00:52PM -0700, volsung at asu.edu wrote:
> This patch fixes three problems with the current configure script:
>
> 1. Manual exclusion of drivers: Now you will be able to force drivers NOT to
> be compiled, even if they are detected.  This was specifically requested with
> so that ALSA could be disabled.
>
> 2. Selecting the default device: Now you can override the default driver
> chosen by the script with your own preference.  Again, this enhancement is
> targetted at ESD and ALSA users who don't want to type -d alsa or -d esd on
> every ogg123 command line.
>
> 3. NetBSD builds (again): I noticed that somehow the fix for building on
> NetBSD forgot to enable the compilation of OSS in the configure script.  I
> don't know why no one complained about it.  Do I need to bribe bug reports out
> of people? :)  Anyway, this should take care of it, hopefully.
>
> Here's the excerpt from the libao README explaining the new configure options:
> *****
> --enable-DRIVER
> --disable-DRIVER
>
> Replace DRIVER with oss, irix, solaris, esd, or alsa.  These options
> specifically add or remove a driver from the final library.  Since all
> of the driver which can be built are built by default, usually only
> the --disable-DRIVER option is used.
>
> --enable-default-output=DRIVER
>
> Replace driver with oss, irix, solaris, esd, alsa, null, or wav.  This
> option sets the default output driver returned by the library when
> ao_get_driver_id(NULL) is called.
> ****
>
> Note that you use these options on the main configure script and they are
> passed through to the libao configure script.
>
> As always, bug reports and flames welcome.

[snip]

I'm behind a !@$#% firewall right now, so can somebody else commit this?

OT: Is there any free service over which I could tunnel a raw socket (encrypted
would be even better) from a computer behind a black-box firewall that I only
know forwards www, smtp, and pop3 (probably 1-1024) out to an Internet host on
a non-standard port (like cvs)? Or can cvs proxy?

Just realized: I can do ssh -- if only I can remember to carry my private key
around with me...

Kenneth