[vorbis-dev] RE: ACM driver binary 'release'

Florian Bruckner h9651030 at miraculix.wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Aug 14 13:15:07 PDT 2000

>> Wow, this is really impressive Florian.  I had only just hear about
Vorbis
>> from the /. interview today, and immediately thought "I wonder if there
is
>> an ACM driver".  A dozen clicks later I had sound recorder converting 44k
>> PCM to Vorbis.  Keep up the great work!

>Yes Florian, I'm sorry I've been mostly quiet (I'm in my standard
release/expo
>panic right now), but it's great to hear you got the thing working.  I was
>wondering how hard an ACM driver was going to be...

I hope you can spare some time sometimes in the future, there are some
architecural
questions I would like to discuss with you, and I fear you are the only one
who
can answer these. At least I didn't get answers from the dev-list,
especially
when it comes to things like packet and page sizes, details about vorbis
headers
and so on, some things that do not fit into the architecture of the ACM and
must
be resolved somehow.

Florian