[vorbis-dev] Re: Open License for Standards Specifications

seanl at literati.org seanl at literati.org
Tue Apr 25 11:18:35 PDT 2000

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 07:29:08PM +0200, claude at convergence.de wrote:
> I think the best way to convey embedded metadata
> would be using the incoming MPEG7 standard.
> It is based on XML syntax and use
> XML Schema to make the validation according
> to the MPEG7 DDL and Description Schemes.
>
> In fact, one important thing is also to think
> about the production part,
> that is to think how we can produce metacontent
> using MPEG7 specs.
>
> Cld

I agree, and hopefully the DTD developed for the OggSquish metadata will be
compatible with MPEG7 (I'm copying this to the vorbis-dev list, though I
think this has already been agreed upon).  Since I think that we've agreed
on OggSquish as the stream format and it already has an XML stream type, I
think we're pretty much set.  Perhaps I can try to implement this with the
MPEG video Ogg multiplexor and player module for OMS.

--
Sean R. Lynch <seanl at literati.org>         http://www.literati.org/seanl/
Finger for public key.  540F 19F2 C416 847F 4832  B346 9AF3 E455 6E73 B691

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>