[vorbis-dev] Metadata followup

robert at moon.eorbit.net robert at moon.eorbit.net
Fri Apr 28 18:58:15 PDT 2000

Once upon a time Monty said:
>id3v2 will not be a part of Vorbis. Ogg bistreams allow mixing streams of any
>type, and there will be an XML stream type defined for metadata. This is a
>better solution than id3 in just about every technical sense. The Ogg
>bitstream code to support this already exists.

Can you please elaborate? Is this functionality complete? The only
mention to metadata in the codebase that I can find is in codec.h:

/* ogg_packet is used to encapsulate the data and metadata belonging
   to a single raw Ogg/Vorbis packet *************************************/

Looking at ogg_packet its not clear to me what I need to do here. Do you
use some other nomenclature in the codebase?

>The comment fields in the Vorbis header are only for text comments, not
>arbitrary metadata.

I see the comments -- good thought!

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert at moon.eorbit.net  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert