[vorbis-dev] integer pcm decode patch

Mayhem & Chaos Coordinator robert at moon.eorbit.net
Fri Apr 21 15:03:41 PDT 2000

> Here is my question: would it help to have a faster way to convert
> from double to integer?

Obviously it would -- however, the proper way to fix this problem is to
avoid making the extra float calculations in the first place. And then, make
the existing float calculations faster to overall optimize the codec.

What are the plans for optimizing the codec, Monty? There is a a guy in
France who loves to write assembly optimiztions for codecs and we could
probably get him to help us out here. Question is when do we pull him in?

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert at moon.eorbit.net  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert