[vorbis-dev] xmms plugin features and bugfixes

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Apr 10 01:17:26 PDT 2000

>BTW, have you managed to duplicate/repair the following bug?: Basically, the
>song just doesn't play when you hit play 8/10 times.  This pops up on SMP
boxes
>more often than uniprocessor machines; Jack and I are guessing mutex race,
but
>we haven't looked at it.
>
>Monty

Haven't seen precisely that, but I did at one point get frequent complete
freezeups. Recompiled xmms with debug info (I had been using the debian
package) so I could find out what was going wrong, and the problems went
away entirely.

I'll try and take a look tonight for any such freezes, but I haven't had
any crashes or freezes for a while (and I don't have any SMP boxes, making
it harder to trigger)

Michael