[vorbis-dev] State of Vorbis, 20000409

Lynn Winebarger owinebar at free-expression.org
Sun Apr 9 20:03:11 PDT 2000

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Monty wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> An incredible amount of work got done in the past week and a half.  And I
> missed the arbitrary, meaningless launch deadline.  Not much new there...

     You guys going to be at Streaming Media East in June?  That might be
a fun time to launch it.

> Documentation.  Practically all of it.  Now that several folks have use at
> least the Vorbisfile API, more people are qualified to work on this even if not
> to own it.  If you want to work on this but have questions, you own my
> attention.

http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/0010.html
   Is this high-level description of the encoding process still accurate?
   I'm still interested in what references you have for the
psychoacoustics, and how you're using them.  The source (I'm guessing
psy.c is where the action is) isn't particularly heavily commented (though
it is short).

Lynn