[vorbis-dev] Hello and questions

Mike Whitson mwhitson at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 12 08:44:54 PDT 1999

ESP <evangelo at pigdog.org> writes:

> So, I checked out libvorbis and it seemed pretty OK, but the cmdline
> subdir didn't compile. I made changes to Makefile.in and added a
> function or two (does "fill_buffer" live anywhere? I couldn't find
> it) and eventually got a build that didn't do much.

> Anyways, I guess I want real CVS access so I can check the changes in,
> and I'd like to slap the cmdline thing around a bit more to see it
> actually become useful (#if 0 suggests that the code isn't ready for
> prime time).

My fault.  I've been lame.  I won't be upset if someone beats me to
getting it ready.  (You're right.  That code is still in "initial
development", and not close to being ready for prime time.)  I've been
working on reusing some of the guts of the old Ogg player, since a
bunch of the code is similar.

Monty's the one who parcels out cvs commit access, but until that
happens, if a hunk of working player code were to fall into my lap,
I'd almost certainly commit it. =)

-wrong mike