[vorbis-dev] Current Debian unstable has a broken libm?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Oct 14 09:11:58 PDT 1999

I have been able to run more/more controlled tests of the failure.  Glibc/m
2.1.2 look OK.  Using EGCS, the failure is also seen with older libcs.  Using
GCC 2.7, the failure is not seen with any lic/libm combination.

egcs breaks on the psychoacoustic code at -O1 (yes, 1!).  I'm constructing a
simple test case to report the bug now.  Both the egcs (2.95) shipped by
Debian 2.0 and 2.1 and the ia32 branch (2.96) are confirmed broken at this
point.  Dunno about the reported 2.99 that Tony's running ;-)

Monty