[vorbis-dev] XMMS plugin patch

Tony Arcieri tarcieri at gjhsnews.mesa.k12.co.us
Mon Oct 11 15:09:01 PDT 1999

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Peter Alm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I fixed the distorted audio bug in the XMMS plugin. A small follows
> below:

Thanks, it sounds a lot better than before.

I tried a second time using the file writer plugin and using
decode_example, then dumping the results of each to a Mac (I'm not at home
and this machine has no sound card)  There was a very audible crackle in
the sound from the xmms plugin whereas there was none in the
decode_example...

I may try figuring out what exactly rint() was doing tonight
and see if I can't get the code from decoder_example to work again.

BTW, this computer (a K6-2 450MHz w\ 128MB RAM) was able to decode in
real-time with room to spare.  Not that I'm saying you don't need to
optomise the algorithm, but it was encouraging...

Tony Arcieri