[vorbis-dev] Well, I'm stumped

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Oct 10 21:08:18 PDT 1999

> > I assume using decoder_example, it comes out OK?
>
> Yes, it comes out just perfectly with decoder_example.  What seems odd is
> rint(), it seems to exhibit a different behaviour in your program...
> impossible as that seems.  For some odd reason it would always output
> excessive large numbers one time (which would always get changed to
> 32767), and yet another time (with different code) it would always output
> 2.

Ah!  I was playing around with using -malign_double in the build, which likely
got committed to CVS.  This alters double packing and may be biting you.

> I've uploaded my most recent source, which, although it doesn't segv,
> plays the distorted audio.

OK, so I can have a look (and a listen).  BTW, the extreme slowness of the
libraray is currently entirely the fault of five lines of code in lpc.c.  I'm
going to improve on that so that test runs don't require such a wait.

Monty