[vorbis-dev] Well, I'm stumped

Tony Arcieri tarcieri at gjhsnews.mesa.k12.co.us
Sun Oct 10 20:57:44 PDT 1999

> I assume using decoder_example, it comes out OK?

Yes, it comes out just perfectly with decoder_example.  What seems odd is
rint(), it seems to exhibit a different behaviour in your program...
impossible as that seems.  For some odd reason it would always output
excessive large numbers one time (which would always get changed to
32767), and yet another time (with different code) it would always output
2.

Some other variations included using int16_t instead of gshort, which may
have worked... I do not recall.

I'm trying to write the audio out to a file now to see if I may be giving
xmms the wrong parameters.

I've uploaded my most recent source, which, although it doesn't segv,
plays the distorted audio.

Tony Arcieri