[vorbis-dev] xmms module

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Oct 6 23:35:44 PDT 1999

> Okay, here's my first hack attempt at an xmms module.

I've only glanced over the code; I'll need to fine-comb through it but it looks
basically solid.

> I managed to link
> (although not test) this with the current libvorbis CVS source (which
> needed some "help" compiling) and xmms 0.9.5.1.

What problems were there compiling?  I try not to check in broken source,
although I might have screwed up.

> I'm guessing I made some fairly obvious mistakes in here which can be
> hammered out even without bitstreams to test it on.

Yup, I'll have a report on that soon.  You'll have real bitstream ability to
test with soon tho.

BTW, I realize this is a first cut, but I assume that many of those NULL xmms
fields would have to do with streaming/seeking/scrubbing etc.  You can seek to
random parts of a Vorbis stream; chaining is the only caveat, but that affects
normal playback too (and the example programs don't deal with it at all).  This
is the last thing I need to add to the examples in CVS.

Monty