[vorbis-dev] State of Vorbis

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Nov 12 17:44:53 PST 1999

Hi folks, some notes about goings on.

After opportunity to think aloud, I have the pieces of the VQ system more
or less in place.  I need to finish the codebook generation core (this is not
libvorbis code, but an external utility).  I then need to write the encode/
decode/packing code that makes use of the codebook.  This future code is
already specced.

Tony: I haven't worked on the xmms code you sent.  I'll actually start on that
now before continuing on the VQ code as most of the VQ questions are settled
(if not coded).

Mike Whitson has jumped back into the command line player.  The new command
line player (I expect) will be built around vorbisfile.a.

Our ISP has finally fixed the routing error that had xiph.org partitioned from
BBNplanet the second half of the week.  Hopefully everyone got all the mail
that backed up in that period :-)

No meaningful commits this week.

Monty