[vorbis-dev] Vorbis status

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Nov 7 16:18:44 PST 1999

Hello folks,

This is a ping to see what folks are up to and planning to work on in the near
future. I'm mostly just curious....

Personal goals in the next week:

Handle any incoming bugs on the vorbisfile API/library

Hone the LPC approximation routines a bit more.

Get the command line player functional (Mike Whitson is also planning to put
some time in here).

Verify that I understand the LSP probability distributions by making lots of 12-32 dimensional graphs (well, OK, 3 dimesions at a time :-)

Code the codebook abstraction learning interface, spec the encode/decode
interface.

Most of the above doesn't really have an impact on applications coding, it's
just libvorbis internal.  The external API is just about complete (only one
change in the last month, adding a second argument to ogg_stream_reset).  Other
things that need to happen:

vorbisfile.a gives routines for seeking, returning information about the
bitstream (like bitrate, play time, etc).  Get this functionality into the XMMS
plugin (I believe Tony is on top of this already).

Get the same functionality into a working command line encoder/player (the cmdline/ code).

Documentation!

Monty