[Tremor] Strange sound , while using the binary ivorbisfile_example on arm to decode to pcm format

Dave Hooper dave at beermex.com
Tue Aug 7 03:22:31 PDT 2012

On Aug 7, 2012 11:07 AM, "rohan kasat" <meet.coolrohan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a newbie.
> I have svn checked out from http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/Tremor/  and i want
to use it with my arm tool chain "arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi"

> I followed the following steps with Tremor
>
> 1.) ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--host=arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi --target=arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi

> 2.) make
>
> 3.) i got ivorbisfile_example a binary , which runs on arm
>
> 'm trying to produce a PCM output with ivorbisfile_example .
> I just run the sample application with :
> ./ivorbisfile_example test.ogg
> And when I listen the pcm produced, it sounds like a wierd noise
>
> when i use the configure it for desktop ( as target) then , the
ivorbisfike_example binary which i get , was able to convert to PCM and
also the PCM file played good.

> Any suggestions, why it giving some wierd sound while decoding it on arm ?
>
> Please help ,
>
> Regards,
>
> Ronnie

You don't say which platform you used to listen to the resulting pcm
output, but most likely you have an endian issue and need to byteswap
before rendering to audio device.