[Tremor] Strange sound , while using the binary ivorbisfile_example on arm to decode to pcm format

rohan kasat meet.coolrohan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 03:07:04 PDT 2012

I am a newbie.
I have svn checked out from http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/Tremor/  and i want
to use it with my arm tool chain "arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi"

I followed the following steps with Tremor

1.) ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi
--target=arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi

2.) make

3.) i got ivorbisfile_example a binary , which runs on arm

'm trying to produce a PCM output with ivorbisfile_example .
I just run the sample application with :
./ivorbisfile_example test.ogg
And when I listen the pcm produced, it sounds like a wierd noise

when i use the configure it for desktop ( as target) then , the
ivorbisfike_example binary which i get , was able to convert to PCM and
also the PCM file played good.

Any suggestions, why it giving some wierd sound while decoding it on arm ?

Please help ,

Regards,

Ronnie