[Tremor] LOW_ACCURACY mode and MDCT improvements

Mike Giacomelli giac2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 19:34:30 PDT 2010

> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:12:42 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Tremor] LOW_ACCURACY mode and MDCT improvements
> From: xiphmont at xiph.org
> To: giac2000 at hotmail.com
> CC: tremor at xiph.org
>
> > The speed up comes mainly from using a split radix fft that significantly
> > reduces the number of add/mul operations required.  Additionally, we have
> > provided some ASM segments to improve performance further.  However, even
> > without ASM, we are still significantly faster then stock Tremor.
>
> Yay, this is all fully believable.
>
> > We have licensed it under BSD and would like to see it used in libtremor.
>
> Sweet, I expect so would we.

http://duke.edu/~mgg6/rockbox/tremor_ffmpeg_imdctv5a.patch

This patch compiles cleanly and produces correct output for me on x86-64 and
arm running in QEMU.  I've removed all int32_t and fixed32 types.

The only problem I can see is occasionally needing to do a make clean after
building due to some depencency issue in the make script.

I think it can be reviewed now.

Mike