[Tremor] Fw: Re: Merge of Vorbis v1.2.3 code to Tremor

David Milici davemilici at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 4 13:57:07 PDT 2010

patch resent as .bz2

--- On Sat, 4/3/10, David Milici <davemilici at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: David Milici <davemilici at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tremor] Merge of Vorbis v1.2.3 code to Tremor
To: tremor at xiph.org
Date: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 3:18 PM

I don't know what interest (if any) there is Vorbis/Tremor codec development anymore, so I wanted to inquire before emailing a long attachment.

I just tried testing the patch at home, and realized that the tremor source reference is based on last July's subversion snapshot.

    svn export http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/Tremor/ tremor.svn -r{2009-07-01}
    patch -p0 < tremor.123.patch

    cd tremor.svn

    ./autogen.sh --host=arm-linux --build=x86-linux --prefix=$ROOTFS_PATH/usr/local --enable-shared=yes

    make

One of the ideas was to use current Ogg libs externally, so Ogg is built separately into rootfs path pointed to by $ROOTFS_PATH. The patched libvorbisidec.so expects to link to libogg.so there.

--DaveM