[Tremor] Need to compile Tremor for ARM Linux on 926EJ-S.

Diptopal Basu diptopal.basu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:44:39 PDT 2009

Hi ,

      I had inquired about Tremor decoder for my ARM 926EJ-S versatile
baseboard , sometime ago .Meanwhile I had downloaded Tremor source along
with the documentation from the SVN .

   I am new to codecs . My intent was to compile the tremor library and
compile my application with this library .

1.  I compiled the Tremor library for ARM using he following commands

./configure CC=arm-linux-gcc --target=arm-linux  --host=arm-linux
make
make install

I got a set of libraries , libvorbisidec.a was one of them .

I then compiled the example application that came with the code namely
ivorbisfile_example.c and got an executable . by running

make example

Please note -

 I am not aware of the prerequisites to compile a tremor code with the
library , , is there any guideline ? As I see to compile the
ivorbisfile_example file other C files are also compiled , not sure if they
are needed .

2. I then ran the ivorbisfile_example file with the following command

cat Buckcherry-Sorry.ogg | ./ivorbisfile_example > /dev/audio

I see that the file information gets printed out but then the file is never
played out . Though I am able to play the same file with other players e.g.
Amarok .

I may be wrong here , where can I get more information on the usability of
the decoder, how to write code and compile with the library  ? Is there any
application note available ?

I am attaching the C file I am using here , this file as I stated before is
a part of the standard distribution of Tremor source .

3. I can also see other C files in the source tree like codebook.c ,
floor0.c etc ,are these files required by ivorbisfile_example.c ?

Right now the ogg file which I am trying is not with me at home , I will
attach it to the mail as soon as I get it .

Thank you .

Regards
Diptopal