[Tremor] [Patch] Fix crash on large comments on low memory targets

Mike Giacomelli giac2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 12:20:35 PDT 2009

 > I would still suggest testing with some very large cover art to make
 > sure it works.

 I tried a 500KB file and it worked fine. How much larger should I try? I don't actually know any software that can insert images nto  vorbis so any suggestion would be nice.

 > It's a hack that doesn't really belong in the real code base. I
 > believe Monty was going to try and properly add a way to do this to
 > the API.

 Well in the meantime, simply checking the return values from calloc() as in my patch would be a nice fix. I agree it may not be optimal, but its simple and will prevent a lot of segfaults. I dislike the idea of having companies getting bug reports about Tremor crashing their firmware. I think it doesn't encourage them to support Vorbis.