[Tremor] Need information of any Ogg player implementation on tremor

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Dec 27 21:47:09 PST 2009

>   Apologies for the confusion . What I meant was , if I downloaded the
> tremor codec as is ,  I will have to write some code around it to make it
> play ogg files right ? Like developing a player around it.  So wanted to
> know if there are any such implementation already available which I could
> use .

Ah, I see.

The source distribution includes an example encoder and decoder
application, as well as a few examples that perform various tests
(like random seeking through a file).

Several Linux applications use Tremor; I believe ffmpeg, mplayer,
gstreamer, etc, make Tremor available as a decoder.  The Tremor lib is
not a drop-in replacement for libvorbis/libvorbisfile (the original
libs have a source API that uses float arguments) but it is very
similar.

Monty