[Tremor] Need help skipping comment header

Andy Grundman andy at slimdevices.com
Wed Sep 3 13:49:54 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

I'm working on a bug with our Tremor implementation on a very memory-
constrained system.  It seems some tagging programs have started
adding large base64 artwork headers to Ogg files, causing the comment
header to span many pages and possibly hundreds of KB.  The current
code for parsing the comment header allocates memory for each page
until the entire comment header is read into memory.  Obviously, this
crashes.

I'm trying to come up with a way to skip over the entire comment
header as we don't care what's in there at playback time.  This is
complicated by the fact that the codebooks still need to be read and
are located in the same page as the end of the comment header.

I'm hoping someone more familiar with the API knows of a relatively
easy way this can be done.

Thanks!
--
Andy Grundman