[Tremor] Implementing Tremor on low-end ARM

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Tue Nov 25 07:44:45 PST 2008

Nicholas Vinen wrote:
> I too would be interested to know under what circumstances the various
> tables might grow. I tested up to 96kHz 24bit stereo with these buffer
> sizes and it seemed to work fine. Yes, I will only support 1 or 2
> channels since my player only has stereo output anyway.

Lower quality files tend to use longer blocks, and therefore use more
memory in the decoder. Try encoding a file at -q 0 (or lower). Even
then, the tables won't be as large as the spec allows. Unfortunately, I
don't think there are any pathological test files available.

Peter Harris
--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com