[Tremor] Implementing Tremor on low-end ARM

Ethan Bordeaux ethan.bordeaux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:14:05 PST 2008

Hi Nicholas - this is all very interesting.  I have a similar need to remove
the dynamic memory allocation with static allocations for my application.
Please keep us in the loop on your explorations!

Also, if some of the more experienced Tremor users/developers could chime in
here on maximum allocations for various parts of the codec I would really
appreciate it.  I only need to worry about signals up to 2 channels which
seems like it will simplify some of the allocations and let them easily
resolve to a reasonable fixed value but other allocations it's not quite so
clear what the limit is.  Nicholas, are you planning on limiting your system
to mono or stereo Ogg Vorbis files?

Lastly on memory usage, can someone comment on the "LIMIT_TO_64kHz" #define
in a few places of the code?  It removes the largest window which saves some
memory, but this causes the codec to fail on decodes of highly compressed
audio files right?  What are the circumstances it is safe to enable this
switch?

Ethan