[Tremor] Tremor ARM performance issues

Nicholas Vinen hb at x256.org
Fri Dec 5 15:05:50 PST 2008

Replying to myself here: thanks to Nicolas' prompting I was able to work
out how to create a set of libraries which have thumb interworking.

The trick was to edit gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf before compiling
arm-elf-gcc, and uncomment the lines referring to thumb-interwork. Now I
have libraries which are compatible with that.

The problem I've run into now is that for some reason, if I compile the
Tremor code and link my code against it, *even if I never call it*, my
test code for my embedded system fails to run. Perhaps it is some kind
of memory management problem, but there is certainly enough memory to
fit it all. I will have to fiddle with it a bit and see if I can work
out why it's failing.

Nicholas