[Tremor] Tremor ARM performance issues

Nicholas Vinen hb at x256.org
Fri Dec 5 14:23:06 PST 2008

Thanks for the information. It does look interesting.

Unfortunately I think implementing this on an ARM will take some work.
Firstly because the assembly function will need to be rewritten in C or
in ARM assembly. I'd first have to understand the assembly format of
their CPU/DSP, and then understand what they are doing, unless you can
point me to a C version of that function (which would be very useful!).
I've implemented FFT before but it was so long ago I don't remember the
exact details. I do remember the re-ordering of the data (some kind of
interleaving) which I assume is what this "prelap" function does.