[Tremor] Building Tremor with Code Composer Studio

s22088840 at tuks.co.za s22088840 at tuks.co.za
Tue Jul 26 01:55:32 PDT 2005

Hello everyone

I need to port Tremor to the TI C6711 DSP that is part of the C6711 DSK board
that I'm working with.  Unfortunately I am an inexperienced student, with only
limited experience with DSPs and no experience with the Tremor code.  I am
assuming that although the C6711 is a floating point processor, that Tremor
will give me a more sparing platform (in terms of memory usage at least) to
start off with in implementing an OggVorbis decoder.

The main problem that I would like to present to you is: which compiler options
I should define/undefine when building the source (as I am not familiar with
the options in the code and I cannot use the autoconfigure script) and what data
types I should define.  My compiler obviously doesn't find "sys/types.h"
specified in misc.c and I'm not sure that I can use the "os_types.h" file.
Would I have to make major changes to the code and data types used, in order to
get it working on my target platform?

If anyone can give me any hints as to how I could go about getting the code
working in CCS, it would be greatly appreciated!  Absolutely anything, even if
it is just pointing out to me exactly what the Tremor ifdefs/ifndefs achieve.

Thank you for your patience!

Daniel van Niekerk