[Tremor] Seek to time

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 01:20:39 PST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:28:11 +0530, Nidhi Singh
<Nidhi.Singh at portalplayer.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some code for seeking to a specified time/length in the
> streams? I am using tremor (integer) source .

Seeking is implemented in the vorbisfile code - there's a special
version of vorbisfile that comes as part of tremor (I think it's
called ivorbisfile.[ch]?).

The easiest approach is to use vorbisfile directly for all your
decoding - then you can just call the seek functions whenever you need
to.

If, for some reason, you can't use vorbisfile, you'll need to
implement seeking yourself. The seeking_example.c (I think that's what
it's called, I don't have the source here right now) might be useful
for figuring out how to do this. Using vorbisfile is vastly easier -
if you need some advice on how to use it (or adapt it if you can't use
it directly) please feel free to ask here again.

Mike