[Tremor] Memory Troubles

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:51:20 PST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:44:34 +0530, Ripinder Singh
<ripinder.singh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have started to port Tremor to our own DSP. The code compiles and
> links well but I am having trouble in the execution of the code. Later
> I found that the heap requirements were not being satisfied. Can any
> one tell me is maximum heap size one may require. I experimented a bit
> with a file, but the requirements seemed to increase all the time. The
> entire song required something of +600KBs in Heap. Is it natural as it
> is huge for an embedded product.
>
> Also I see the ogg player ported on symbian requires around 64KB(stack
> + heap), so am I working with the wrong code.
>
> Thanks,
> Rip

You're presumably using the mainline version of Tremor. I'm not sure
how much memory it requires, 600 kB sounds quite plausible.

You should look at the lowmem-branch version - that's probably what
the Symbian player is using. Note, though, that the lowmem version
requires a little more cpu time, generally.

Mike