[Tremor] Memory Troubles

Ripinder Singh ripinder.singh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:14:34 PST 2005

Hi,

I have started to port Tremor to our own DSP. The code compiles and
links well but I am having trouble in the execution of the code. Later
I found that the heap requirements were not being satisfied. Can any
one tell me is maximum heap size one may require. I experimented a bit
with a file, but the requirements seemed to increase all the time. The
entire song required something of +600KBs in Heap. Is it natural as it
is huge for an embedded product.

Also I see the ogg player ported on symbian requires around 64KB(stack
+ heap), so am I working with the wrong code.

Thanks,
Rip