[Tremor] regarding the implementation of tremor on a 16 bit dsp(C5x)

Santosh Kumar santoshkumar at ftdpl.com
Sun Sep 5 22:28:53 PDT 2004

  sir,

   First of all let me thank u for ur immediate reply.I have downloaded the
lowmem branch for the tremor from
http://svn.xiph.org/branches/lowmem-branch/Tremor/  and tried to compile it
in C5x Code Composer(simulator).But i get some linker errors They are as
follows

  " Output filename ,codec_internal.h, truncated for desired COFF format"
   "Output filename ,window_lookup.h, truncated for desired COFF format"

  . I am not familiar with COFF format or to simply say i am not able to
resolve the errors. I read the mail from Mr.Johannes  but was not able to
find any links for the code except the link for the "thesis.pdf". So kindly
provide me the links for the code which can work with 16 bit dsp like C5x
and help me in resolving my errors.
   Awaiting your reply.
  regards,
  Santosh.

  > Message: 1
  > Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 02:56:33 +0200 (MEST)
  > From: Erik Montnemery <d99em at efd.lth.se>
  > Subject: Re: [Tremor] regarding fixed point implementation
  > To: Santosh Kumar <santoshkumar at ftdpl.com>
  > Cc: tremor at xiph.org
  >
  > Santosh,
  >
  > I worked together with Johannes Sandvall on porting and optimizing
tremor
  > on a 16-bit fixed-point DSP (TI C55xx). Maybe Johannes wasn't very clear
  > on that our code is optimized for a 16-bit DSP in his response. Check
the
  > links he provided.
  >
  > The DSP we used has 40 bits accumulators, but even if your DSP doesn't
  > have this our code should be a very good starting point.
  >
  > /Erik
  >
  > On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Santosh Kumar wrote:
  >

  > >  sir,
  > >
  > >   I am trying to implement the ogg decoder using a 16 bit fixed point
DSP.I cannot use tremor as it is a 32 bit fixed point implementation
..Please let me know whether u have any 16 bit fixed point implementation of
ogg vorbis decoder or about any other means by which i can proceed.
  > >  Awaiting your reply.
  > >
  > >  regards,
  > >  santosh.
  > >

  > > DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail message and in
any annexure is
  > > confidential to the  recipient and may contain privileged information.
If you are not