[Tremor] Minimum RAM of the Tremor?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Oct 18 14:07:31 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 09:34:18AM +0800, ?? ??  wrote:

> I am also care of RAM usage, espacially on data segments.In my
> 32bits MIPS embedded device, 49KB RAM (19KB for codebook, 6*1KB for
> ogg buffers, 2*(4+2)KB for work buffer, 4KB for pcmout buffer, 5KB
> for stack, other 2KB for structs and small infos.)  is needed to
> store data segments EXCEPT FOR read-only data segment, that can be
> stored in flash memory.  But 49KB RAM is still too large for my
> device, Is there anybody run the lowmem-tremor under 49KB Data-RAM
> successfully? Is it possible to run under 49KB data-RAM, or how much
> RAM is enough?  Read-only data & codes are stored or run in Flash.

If it's possible to pack codebooks into flash, yes, you can use
considerably less space.  The codebooks need to be partially unpacked
into a larger form from th header at the beginning of playback, but
are read-only past that point.

BTW, the 49KB figure you mention is already using the lowmem branch,
correct?

Monty