[Tremor] Minimum RAM of the Tremor?

罗 强 jim_luo at realsil.com.cn
Tue Oct 12 18:34:18 PDT 2004

I am also care of RAM usage, espacially on data segments.In my 32bits MIPS embedded device, 49KB RAM (19KB for codebook, 6*1KB for ogg buffers, 2*(4+2)KB for work buffer, 4KB for pcmout buffer, 5KB for stack, other 2KB for structs and small infos.)  is needed to store data segments EXCEPT FOR read-only data segment, that can be stored in flash memory.
  But 49KB RAM is still too large for my device,  Is there anybody run the lowmem-tremor under 49KB Data-RAM successfully? Is it possible to run under 49KB data-RAM, or how much RAM is enough?
  Read-only data & codes are stored or run in Flash.  THX
>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:35:34 -0400
>From: xiphmont at xiph.org (Monty)
>Subject: Re: [Tremor] Minimum RAM of the Tremor?
>To: gavin.chen at philips.com
>Cc: tremor at xiph.org
>

>On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 05:36:52PM +0800, gavin.chen at philips.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone know how large RAM space will be occupied by the Tremor? In my
>> portable device, there is only 32k bytes RAM available.
>
>This is not enough for practically any Vorbis file, no.
>
>Monty

Jim_luo