[Tremor] 64 bit math

Niklas Barsk nibarius at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:56:23 PST 2004

Hi

I am currently trying to port Tremor (nobyte lowmem branch) to a
platform that does not have any 64 bit integer datatype (in fact it
only has 24 and 48 bit datatypes). So I am running it in low accuracy
mode to avoid the most of the 64 bit
math, but there still are some 64 bit datatypes in use (granulepos and such).

Now to my question, is the 64 bit precision really needed or can the
48 bit long be used instead for the ogg_int64_t datatype?

I have only tried decoding very short files, about a second in length,
but it worked fine with only 48 bit precision.

Best regards
/Niklas