[Tremor] changes for subversion

Pete pete261 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 15:07:10 PST 2004

Monty,

I would be very curious to see the c54x port of Tremor.  Would it be possible
for you to email me a copy of the source?  Do you know how many MIPs it takes
to decode a q4 stream on the c54x?

I am still working on porting Tremor to the TI c55x.  I have to say it would be
nice if "64-bit-less" and "alloca-less" code could be introduced into
subversion.  Maybe macros that resolve to simple assigment and comparison could
be defined for those platforms that can do 64-bit math.  While making all those
changes for my platform was straightforward, it was time-consuming.

The problem I am having now is deciding which "ints" really need to be 32 bits
(since the "int" I am dealing with now is only 16.)  This part is more
difficult because I am not sure.  Most of the function return codes seem to be
OK as ints, its the function parameters and structure members I am less sure
about.  If anyone could share this information that would be great!

 - Pete