[Tremor] Patches for Embedded Devices

Colin Ward colin.a.ward at csiro.au
Wed Dec 8 20:16:53 PST 2004

   Hello all.

   I have recently ported Tremor to Symbian OS and there were a few
changes that I made to the source which would benefit anyone doing a new
port to an embedded device.

   These changes mainly pertain to making global static data const.
Unfortunately the const keyword is somewhat insidious and so making
certain static globals const requires changing many references to them
to also be const, throughout the source, so the patch looks rather large.

   I also made some changes in os.h to take into account that certain
things that are available when compiling when compiling under Windows
are not available when compiling under Windows but with the Symbian OS
emulator as a target.  For example, malloc.h.  The

   #if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(__SYMBIAN32__)

   and

   #if defined(__SYMBIAN32__) && defined(__WINS__)

   Change that I made to account for this is in line with similar
changes that I had to make to other xiph.org modules, and is in
accordance with conversations I had with people on various xiph.org IRC
channels a while ago.  They should not have any impact on any targets
bug Symbian.

   This is my first patch for Tremor so let me know if there is anything
in here that is not in line with the xiph.org way.

--
Colin Ward
Senior Sofware Engineer, Symbian OS