[Tremor] Latest stable Tremor release

Aaron Colwell acolwell at real.com
Fri Dec 10 08:35:48 PST 2004

I believe Tremor's libogg functionality is more like libogg2 instead of
libogg1.1. I don't know much about it, but I believe libogg2 manages memory
different than libogg1.1 to avoid unnecessary buffer copies. I believe there is
potential to cause memory leaks if you use libogg2 in the same way you use
libogg1.1.

I haven't spent any time looking at the code yet. These are just things I
vaguely remember from discussions that have occured on the list in the past.

I'm hoping that someone who has actually worked with Tremor will correct any
incorrect claims I'm making here. :)

Aaron